Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Beachy Waves With No Heat

My hair is naturally straight, when I plait it for a whole day, and wake up the next day, it's straight again!

My sister used to curl it for me but I don't do it often because it doesn't look natural.

After lots of times trying to make my hair look naturally wavy, summery and beach-like, I have finally found a way to make my hair look wavy! I actually came across this while watching those L'oreal hair dying adverts ^^
Here it is:

Right, this is how I do it:
1. Once you've washed your hair and left it to towl dry for around 20 minutes, blow dry it until your hair is half/ three quarters dry.
2. Hold your hair into a ponytail and twist it all until it twists on itself and makes a bun.
3. Clip the end down with big clips or bobby pins, but make sure you leave around 2 or 3 inches from the bottom straight otherwise the bottom of your hair will go CRAZY.
4. Leave it in for a few hours or over night.
5. Voila! Clip the front section of hair with flowery clips or something to make it look more summery.


I don't use hairspray or mousse etc etc. I tried a texturising wax thing- it smelt of mint and my hair felt all sticky! Ew. The only product I use on my hair is heat defence spray just before I blow dry it.

[Pink flower clips- H&M, £1.99 pack of 2].

Methods I previously tried:
* Plaiting lots and lots of hair. Result: came out like a poodle.
* Plaiting loosely. Result: my hair went straight again.
* Velcro rollers. Result: I didn't know how to use them properly and it just got stuck in my hair.
* Leaving hair to dry naturally. Result: straight hair.
* Messy bun hair for a day. Result: flicked out in all different directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment